Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Axpariance

Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to use the Guitar Method book with CD/DVD I bought over the weekend and got quite frustrated.  I messed around with all of the above for an hour or so, got pissed at myself and went to the upright piano in the living room and banged on it like Gerard Depardieu in Green Card.

Today I tackled Lesson One.  I repetitively played 3 first string notes: E, F, G.  E on the open first string.  F with my "first finger" (that's the index finger) on the first fret.  G with my "third finger" (the one next to the pinky) on the third fret.  And I'm going to do it all over again a little later.  I was playing them in progressive counts: 1, 2, 3, 4.  Over and over.  It's a simple thing, I guess.  A place to start from.  But not a piece of cake.  I learned something.



No comments:

Post a Comment