Sunday, July 21, 2013

Haven't gotten any real work done on Appearances this month.  Too many distractions.  Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.  Maybe I'll come back to the thing with fresher eyes.  I don't know.  I do know that I'm going to have to take on a critical rereading of the whole thing in order to get it back into my head.  All 236 parts written so far.  It feels a little daunting at the moment.  What if?  What if?

*

My sister has not, through the course of her life, been lucky in terms of her health.  Within the last week she passed out in her kitchen and fractured her spine.  She has been through some shit.  Organ transplants among other things.  She's two years younger than me.  I'm the oldest of four.

*

Thought we'd be travelling  for a family reunion this summer.  My sister was hoping to come.  Now it looks like my parents will be travelling to Colorado to care for her for some indefinite period of time.  We might travel east and visit with my brothers and their families.  It's all a little up in the air though.

*

The spouse has been away for a couple of days housesitting for our youngest daughter who is visiting her sister in Maryland.

*

My two main goals right now are to stick with and finish Appearances and to write and be able to play at least one blues song before I die.  I fully realize how difficult these things will be.

*

A couple of days ago I rewatched the documentary Beware of Mr. Baker (it was on Showtime on Demand), the terrific film about Ginger Baker.  Baker, for all of his real musical genius, is a real piece of work.  There's some priceless footage and interview material.  Johnny Rotten, Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Charlie Watts and a number of other luminaries have revelatory comments.

*

Still talking baby  talk on my beautiful Strat (wah-wah).  Left arm tired from last attempts.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment