Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What the
Because I
Wasn’t watching

However you

*

It's cooled down for the moment.  Music just shuffled to Keith Richards and the Winos.

*

My wife has a fractured foot.

*

Just finished making some revisions to the Limits sequence.  Still don't have the energy for a return to Appearances at this point.  Need some steeping time I think.

*

What I
Because the
Wasn't you
However watching

*

I'm not learning guitar how "I'm supposed to be learning."  I'm learning how I feel capable of learning.  I'm learning in pieces, trying to think about patterns and how they can be enlarged (in ways that make sense to me).

Today I was obsessively playing backwards and forwards the E minor pentatonic scale and mixing in a few things--just to see what I could find out.  Simple discoveries which I can remember are very important to me in this context.  

I'm looking for an alternative way to think and feel art.  It's taken me around 40 years to become a marginally competent poet.  I'm not going to have 40 years to pursue the guitar; and, anyway, poetry comes first as far as I'm concerned.

But...I'm locked in on the guitar to a degree that surprises me.  I practice most days.  Sometimes I have 2 or 3 practice sessions a day.  

*

What watching
I you
Wasn't because
However the

*

No comments:

Post a Comment