Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yesterday there was a ton of rain and tornadoes circulating in the area.  The storm sirens were going and my favorite weather person, Betsy Kling, said we should repair to the basement.  So, repair to the basement we did.  Our musty 113 year old basement.  We played Scrabble (I lost by one point, damn it), listened to our crank radio (an NPR fundraiser premium), and reminisced about years ago taking our daughters into the basement during a similar weather event and staging a Pretty Ponies Beauty Pageant to pass the time.  We all acted out the parts of different contestants and laughed hysterically.

*

I'm listening to Buzzy Linhart.  I love Buzzy Linhart.  And, if I can judge by the title of his "best of" CD, he loves me.

I had all of Buzzy's LPs back in the day and saw him play live a few times.  He's an under appreciated treasure.

*

Stacks of books to read: Alan Davies latest, Burt Kimmelman's Gradually the World , and much more.

*

Writing has gone fallow for the moment.  Too many summer time distractions.

*








No comments:

Post a Comment