Monday, July 8, 2013

numbers band

Can't seem to find my way back to Appearances at the moment.  Doesn't matter how long I stare at the screen.

*

Listening to Robert Cray:  "The forecast calls for pain."

Thinking about guitar chords.  Thinking about singing and playing at the same time.  Thinking about singing off the beat while playing an instrument.  Thinking I need to be become more fearless in my old age.

*

This past Saturday went downtown to the Heritage Fest to hear the Numbers Band.  Alex, you'll appreciate this--after listening to their set I stood in line to buy a CD from Bob Kidney.  We hadn't seen one another for a long time.  He said to me, "What the fuck, how is it you look so good?"  I said something about yeah but looking in the mirror and seeing my Dad lately.  He replied:  "Dad, what you doing there.  You're dead."  Oh my that was a memorable exchange.  My Dad is not dead btw, but a lot telescoped there in that brief exchange.

*

I picked a little more than a pint of raspberries in the back yard this afternoon.  They're the only rubies I need.  They won't be around too much longer.

*

Damn vacuum cleaner.  I hate my fucking Hoover vacuum cleaner.  It sucks through the wand but not the sweeper part.  I battle with the god damn thing all the time.  If I had a shot gun I would take that vacuum into the back yard and shoot it.  Of course, I wouldn't point the gun in the direction of the raspberries.  I'm just saying, inferior tools make life maddening.

*


4 comments:

  1. wd love to have been there. Bob & I keep current via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just can't bring myself to do the Facebook thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here it's a bumper year
    for black rasdberries
    wild and in stupendous profusion
    after our summer of rain and mo' rain
    and the blackberries will be even more profuse

    sort of a making amends
    for the washed out garden
    which STILL hasn't dried out enough
    to plant anything

    (you're right not to join Facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain is getting old (me too).

    ReplyDelete